- First name
- Last name
- Email - is not changeable
- Mobile number - is not changeable
- Display timezone
- Date format
- Time format
- Two-factor authentication (2FA)
What is Two-factor authentication (2FA)?
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a security process where you have to provide two different ways of identifying yourself, such as a password and a code sent to your phone, to access your account. This method allows you to keep your account secure.
How to enable Two-factor authentication (2FA)?
To enable Two-factor authentication, please follow the steps below:
- In the top right corner, click on the circle (user) and select Authentication.
- Click on Enable Two-factor authentication, enter a unique name for your device and click Confirm.
- Download an authenticator app on your device (Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, KeePassXC or Psono).
- Once you have downloaded the app to your device, you need to scan the provided QR code with the authenticator app or enter the code manually into the app.
- After linking your account to the authentication app, enter the code displayed in the app control panel and click Finish.
- Your device is linked to your account.
Please note: We highly recommend you link multiple devices, as if the device is lost or stolen, it can’t be recovered. If you don’t have this option, save the displayed code in a safe place to restore code generation and link a new device
How many devices can be linked for Two-factor authentication (2FA)?
There are no restrictions on device linking! You can link as many devices as you need
Please note: We highly recommend you link multiple devices, as if the device is lost or stolen, you will not be able to login or recover your account
- Change password
Manage your SSH key:
- Add SSH Key ( Generate SSH key)
- Copy/Edit/Delete existing SSH key
- List of all Accounts, where you are invited.
- Edit Account information
- Option to change workspace name.
- Existing user list.
- Add new user (invitation).
- List of all workspaces.